How to Bake A Coffee Pie
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsalted butter (cold)
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- A pinch of salt
- ¼ cup water
- nudge Coffee Butter (any flavor) to fill
- In a large bowl, sieve together the flour, sugar and salt.
- Add the unsalted butter cut in small pieces to the dry mixture.
- Cut the butter into the dry mixture by using a pastry cutter or manually until it resembles coarse meal.
- Add the egg and water. Fold the dough until it is homogeneous and not sticky, and no lumps are observed.
- Form it into a ball and cover it tightly in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate between 1-2 hours.
- Transfer the dough to a pie plate of your preference, leaving some space at the center for the filling (don’t bake with the filling!).
- Bake at 350℉ tor 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool down.
- Fill it with nudge.™ coffee butter and enjoy!